Sunday, 17 August 2008

Wednesday, 13 August 2008

Key cupboard

I purchased a key cupboard from a charity shop to alter. I sanded it and painted with primer. Then I stuck keys and the wooden letter K on with glossy accents. The whole thing had 3 coats of metallic pewter paint. Finally I adhered the grungeboard keys and keyhole that I previously painted with a gold dabber.
It looks so much better in the flesh though.

Fabric paper

Today I made fabric paper using a piece of cotton for the base and coating with watered down PVA to which I added scraps of paper, threads and a silk flower. Then more watered down glue to adhere tissue paper and finally colour using acrylic paints. I have to make something from it yet as part of a swap on New Generations Yahoo group. A fun project




Friday, 1 August 2008

Row Houses

Some of the Row Houses I made for a swap on the New Generations Yahoo Group.