Thursday, 2 September 2010

Canvas I made for a swap


I had to make a canvas with an altered photograph for my swap partner.
I used shelf liner on the base and painted it with a Gold Dabber.
I added a napkin on the left and around the edges.
I painted the shelf liner with a Black Dabber.
I sanded the photograph and stained it with Pumice Distress ink. I stamped an A with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink. I painted the photo with Rock Candy Crackle Paint.
The key was made from air dry clay painted Gold then a light touch of black using the Dabbers agian. The flowers were cut from book pages with a Tim Holtz alteration die. I coloured them with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink
The button was cut from a Sizzix die.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like a thoughtful little lad. Lovely treatment.

Lottie said...

Ah - now I understand what the swap was, I didn't join in because I wasn't sure about altering a photo and I didn't have a canvas board. I will know in future. Love the way you have sanded the photo - it looks really vintage.

craftytrog said...

Lovely canvas Carol! The key looks so real!
Alison x

Pat said...

Such a nice job, Carol! I have some shelf liner like that, but have it under my cuttlebug so it stays put! lol I think I best get it to work on a card!

Great job!
Hugs,
Pat